The Winsted Public Works Department is committed to providing excellent service to all Winsted citizens.
With 5 parks, an airport, a large capacity water and waste water facility, a lake, and miles of roads within the city to maintain, the Winsted Public Works Department is able to provide many of the services of a large town, with the personal service of a small town.
The Winsted Public Works Department is responsible for a number of activities around the city, including:
- maintenance of all city streets and sidewalks
- maintenance of all water, sewer, and sanitary sewer systems
- operation of the water treatment facility
- maintenance of the city's well system
- snow removal
- maintenance of the city's 5 parks
- maintenance of city's ice rink
- forestry programs
- operation of city's brush site
- maintaining Winsted Airport, including snow removal, monitoring aviation fuel, parking lot and grounds maintenance, along with building repairs.
While still under the direction of the City of Winsted, the waste water facility, and lift station maintenance, is under the operation of PeopleService. PeopleService is contracted through the City of Winsted, however, all questions or concerns about the facility, or sewer service, still should be directed to the city.
Any questions regarding our public works department can either be directed to the City of Winsted's general line at (320) 485-2366, or they can be directed to the Public Works Building at (320) 485-2201.