First mayer of Winsted
|February 2, 1892
At a meeting conducted by Winsted’s 1st Mayor, Felton Vollmer, a resolution was adopted by the Village Council . . .“Whereas this Council deem it expedient at this time that the preparation be made to build a Village Hall . . .”
January 21, 1893
Village of Winsted approved the construction of Village Hall; A. Werner, H. Wienbeck, and J. Smolke were appointed to a committee to site the new building.
January 1, 1896
Public Dedication of the newly constructed Village Hall.
November 4, 1990
A referendum failed, which would have dedicated $750,000 toward renovating the existing City Hall or the construction of a new City Hall.
November 4, 1997
Last official day of business in original “Village Hall,” nearly 102 years after its public dedication.
November 5, 1997
City Hall rents the “Niro-Sterner” building for $1,200 a month.
November 1, 1998
City Hall rents part of the “Haugdahl Building” or the “Old Theatre Building,” starting at $1,550 a month.
Winsted City Hall - 1895